Quick and Easy Mini Samosa Recipe | Vegan
We have loved eating these mini samosa’s since we were kids. This idea came about when we first ate these at our grandfathers house. So we tried to recreate this samosa recipe and made our own Vegan version
When I was studying in that same city, I would make sure to go to my grandparents house as often as possible just to snack on these crunchy mini samosas.
Try this recipe, and let us know how it turned out in the comments section!
To make the Mini Samosas, follow the below steps
Making the Potato Mix
- Peel the boiled potatoes
- Mash the Potatoes
- Add a pinch of salt – To taste
- Now add some Cumin powder
- Mix well
- Add a little bit of corriander
- Make sure to taste as you add the spices and bring the taste to your liking.
Making the Mini Samosa
- Take a little piece of the dough and roll it into a ball
- Now roll the ball out with a rolling pin
- Once its thin enough, take a butter knife and carve out a triangular shape. You can even ask your kids to make different shapes out of the dough and try samosas in creative shapes. A fun activity for the kids during the lockdown
- Place a little bit of the potato mixture into the triangular dough and close on all sides
- The samosa is ready to be put into the oil. Ensure that the dough is closed properly
Cooking the Samosa
- Take a deep pan and fill it with oil on high heat
- Let the oil become hot, to test take a tiny piece of the dough, put it in the oil
- If it rises, it means the oil is hot enough for the samosa to cook
- Now with a spatula or a spoon, take the uncooked samosa and place it in the oil.
- Depending how to big the samosa is, let it cook until golden brown
- Then remove and put it on a plate.
We have a video on Youtube as well, see here
This recipe is quick and easy to make. If you do end up making, make sure to let us know in the comments below on how you like it.