Vegan Suji Halwa in 10 minutes
Suji Halwa is my go to dessert when ever I am looking for something sweet. It does not require too much prep time nor does it require any fancy ingredients. All the ingredients used in this recipe are easy to find at home. It is a three ingredient recipe for a plain halwa and if you like it crunchy then you can top it up with your favorite nuts as per your taste. I also like it crunchy, it helps curb my sweet cravings.
I have this simple Halwa at least twice a week as it does not contain many fats, just sugar.
Try this recipe, and let us know how it turned out in the comments section!
- 100gms Suji or Granulated Wheat or Semolina
- 100gms Sugar
- 300 ml water
- 5 Almonds crushed
- 5 Cashews crushed
- 5 Walnuts crushed
To make the Suji Halwa, follow the below steps
- First add sugar to water and put it to boil till the sugar dissolves.
- Then take another pan heat on medium flame. If you are using oil (optional) heat the oil on the pan for a minute till it becomes hot or just heat the pan without oil.
- Add suji to the pan (or oil) and start stirring till you get a golden brown texture. It will take about 5 minutes.
- Once golden brown, start adding water little by little continuously stirring the Suji.
- After a few minutes you will start noticing the suji forming a thick gooey texture.
- Add the crushed nuts at this point and keep stirring for a minute.
- Now the Halwa is ready to eat. You can even garnish with some left over nuts
This literally took 7-8 minutes cooking time. If you are hungry at night and can’t find anything to eat. You can look at the video below and just whip up something sweet in just 10 minute.