Soft fluffy and delicious Vegan Vanilla Cake with a layer of Vanilla Frosting on top was the highlight of a Birthday Party
Vanilla Cake with Frosting
My first attempt at a Vegan Cake with Frosting was a sweet and successful one. Surprisingly enough it was not very difficult to make and it literally only took 15 minutes to prepare everything without the baking time. The best part about this Recipe is how EASY it is.
The frosting was also my first attempt as a Vegan. I was not aware that Vegan frosting could possibly turn out this amazing. It is by far my best cake ever counting even the ones I made when I was not a Vegan.
To all those people who think baking is hard my first attempt was successful and how. Maybe this will give you the courage to bake that too for a birthday party.
All the friends at the party were non vegans and they just loved it. In fact, the cake was over in less than 15 minutes.
For the recipe, please see below
For the Cake
- 200 gms Maida
- 200 gms Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 300 ml Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 80 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
For the Frosting
- 500 gms Sugar
- 4 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 3 tbsp Plant based milk
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
For the Vanilla Cake
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree before you start mixing the ingredients
- Next step is to mix all the dry ingredients — Maida, Sugar, Salt, Baking Soda and sift it through to avoid lumps
- Then add the oil, milk and Vanilla Extract
- Take a whisker and whisk it till it gets all mixed up
- Do not over mix it just mix till it is combined
- Oil the baking container and put a parchment paper at the bottom.
- Put the batter in the container
- Bake it for 25 mins at 180 degrees
For the Vanilla Frosting
- Take the sugar in a bowl, add the Vegan Butter to it ( should be at room temperature )
- Add Vanilla Extract
- Take an electric mixer and start with slow speed at first by slowly adding the 4 tbsp Plant Based Milk
- The consistency of the frosting should be thick enough to stay on the cake and thin enough to smooth it out.
- Add 50gms more sugar if you feel it is too thin.
Once your cake has cooled down, add the frosting on top and put it in the fridge to set.
For the decorations
- Add strawberries on top or any fruit of your choice thinly sliced.
On my word, you are at the right place if you are looking for a yummy super fluffy soft Vanilla Cake with Frosting.
You can even make it without the Frosting and it will be the best cake you have ever had.