Clear bluish-green seawater, peace, serenity, awesome views, food and fun: if you seek all this together then the Maldives is the right place for you. But then you’re wondering how to plan a trip to the Maldives.
Well, Singh Sisters will tell you how!
Maldives: An Introduction
The Maldives is officially known as the Republic of Maldives, is a small archipelagic state situated in the Arabian Sea of the Indian Ocean. It is a south Asian country in the southwest of Sri Lanka and India. It’s a small country with an area of 300 sq km. The name Maldives is derived from Sanskrit mālā (garland) and dvīpa (island). The Maldives is made up of 1,192 coral islands grouped in a double chain of 26 atolls.
Planning a Trip to Maldives
Before planning a trip to the Maldives there are few things you need to keep in mind. Generally, there is a perception that the Maldives is an expensive destination for super-rich couples and their honeymoon. There are cottages of ultra-luxurious resorts in the middle of clear seawater. But that’s only the half-truth.
The Maldives can be a fancy, luxurious destination at the same time it can be a budget-friendly destination for backpackers staying at budget hotels. You can go for either as per your budget.
If you’re going for budget travel then your flight tickets to the capital of Maldives, Male is going to be one of the biggest expense you make on your trip.
A few Budget Hotels that you can try:
Best Luxury Resorts in Maldives
- Kuramathi Maldives Resort
- Naladhu Private Island Resort
- Soneva Fushi
- JOALI Maldives
- Komandoo Island Resort & Spa
Things to Keep in Mind Before Planning Your Trip
- If you are going to stay just inside a luxury hotel then keep your trip short. It’s not a location for longer trips unless you explore the whole country.
- Making all bookings in advance online.
- Food is expensive and you have limited choices.
- Water Bottles cost a hefty 2 dollars per litre on islands. So buy it from Male at one-third of the rate.
- Ferry and Speed Boat Operators: Icom Tours & Atoll Transfer. For ferry and speed boat schedules, routes, fee etc check their website.
- Carry Maldivian Rupaiya currency. It would help you save a lot of money, especially in taxis and speed boat.
- Don’t Carry Alcohol In The Country.
- Carry Your Sunscreen.
- Buy Sim Cards At The Airport.
- Best time to visit is from Nov to April.
- Be cautious while booking your flight tickets.
- Wear decent clothes
- Go for all-inclusive hotels.
- Be cautious of hidden costs
Yes, the list might seem long but still the beauty of Maldives makes it totally worth it. This is the best time for you to plan a romantic gateway with the love of your life.
If you need more ideas for this winter vacation read our blog. You can also check out our blog on Rann of Kutch in case you’re looking for a destination beyond beaches and mountains for a vacation during winters.