Bali has been a tourist place from the 1980s. It’s a paradise for adventurers and beach bums like us. A true marvel and majestic place to go for a perfect holiday. Bali offers the best to people from all natures – whether you’re there for an adventure, a sun tan, a peaceful vacation or even partying. It has everything for everyone. We arrived in Bali after a 9 hour lay over in KL, we landed in Bali at 9 pm. Our first time in Bali, and our first question –
How do we find a cab?
Download the grab app prior to landing and book a cab cheaper than the ones just outside the airport.
Our cab arrived at the airport but suddenly we had another question,
How do we get to the cab?
Bali does not support grab cabs as they want to encourage local cabs hence the cab arrives in the parking lot.
How to reach the parking lot?
When you get out of the airport, take a left towards the elevator, go up to the domestic airport and go out to the parking lot from there, cross the road and you’re there. Finally off to have some fun!
Night life in Bali – what to do
We were staying in Seminyak. The night life in Seminyak is very famous. There are some famous clubs in Seminyak like La favela. It was a popular recommendation from a lot of people. It’s usually crowded on all days but don’t be scared of the long line outside. Everyone gets in. Enjoy good music, ambiance and a mix of culture at la favela in Bali. For dinner post that, you will find a mix of restaurants across the club. Average food cost for two people would be 200000 Indonesian Rupiah.
What to do during the Day?
Visit a beach early morning for a beautiful sun rise. No matter which part of bali you’re staying – Seminyak, Kuta or Ubud, you could walk down to the beach in the morning.
Bali is one of the safest places to visit for girls. You could walk on the roads at any time of the day or night without stressing.
We stayed in Seminyak and walked to beach everyday morning and evening, irrespective of whether it was raining or not. Walking on the streets in the rain with a beer in hand was one of the best experiences we had in Bali. Such a raw experience.
Second – Visit the market in Ubud
The Ubud art market is very famous for its jute work and home decor. You will see one particular jute bag in the entire Ubud market and also see most people carrying it around. Cost of bag 100000 Indonesian Rupiah. They will quote the initial price higher but you can bargain and get it for this much.
If you’re in Ubud, visiting the market, you can club the waterfall and the plantation walk with it. The waterfall is a famous tourist attraction with the famous rope swing that has a jungle view. Similarly, the plantation walk is totally worth it. One must go to the plantation for a walk. It’s roughly about a 2-4 km walk. The ideal time would be either early morning and late evening to avoid the heat.
Plan your next day in advance – make bookings for Nusa Penida, Nusa Dua, Scuba Diving –
This booking service is available at the hotel reception desk at all hotels. Contrary to that, we booked our tickets for Nusa Penida in the Ubud Market as it was cheaper. A return trip of Nusa Penida would cost 350000 return journey on the ferry. This does not include the cab or scooty you would have to hire on the island. We would suggest you should go for a cab as the island does not have good roads and chances of accident on scooty is high.
Be careful on the roads in Nusa Penida because the island is worth the tour. Look at some pictures below of the island.
The best beach club in Bali –
1. Potato head beach club in Seminyak BaliHome to one of the best sunset views in Bali, our Beach Club has three restaurants, three bars, an infinity pool.
Our recommendation is alcohol drink would be the kookaburra cocktail. It is a famous bali drink. Cost of drink – 150000 Indonesian Rupiah
2. W Bali Situated on its own stretch of extraordinary beach where the world’s jetsetters come to play discover. It has a large outdoor pool to sit and watch the sunset and enjoy a few drinks.
3. Sky bar BaliSky Bar is among the very few rooftop bars to grace the favourite sunset and seafood dining destination.
These are our top 3 picks from Bali. We went to Potato Head everyday for the ambience and a peaceful time every night. These clubs are open till roughly 3 am and our a good way to meet new people, spend time alone whilst enjoying the sunset and the night.
Some other things you could do in Bali –
1. Visit the Heavens Gate -These are the famous gates that originated from the Lempuyang Temple. You will see these gates all over Bali and wonder what is their significance where did they originate from.
The Lempuyang Temple is a two hour drive from Seminyak and Ubud. We hired a full day cab at 600000 Indonesian Rupiah. The cab came in the morning at 8 and we reached the temple at 10 am. It was a hike up to the temple. Rules for the temple -Cover your shoulders else they will provide a shawl at the gate.Get a sarong along or pick one at the entry for 10000 Indonesian Rupiah. Do no take off your sarong during the entire temple hike.Carry your own water and Camera for pictures at the heavens gate. Please see picture below.
2. Visit the Gili Islands The Gili Islands are an archipelago of three small islands – Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air – just off the northwest coast of Lombok, Indonesia. Diving in and around the Gilis island is also popular due to the abundance of marine life and attractive coral formations. The fast-boat transfer to the Gili islands takes place twice a day from Bali, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, both from the Padang Bai Harbour.
You can book your tour from the hotel reception for not more than 400000 Indonesian Rupiah.
3. Ahmed in BaliA beautiful fishing town on the east coast of Bali with unbelievable snorkelling, breathtaking views of Mount Agung and the most charming village vibe.
Pro tip 1 – enjoy a good Balinese massage once a day to rejuvenate and travel the next day.
For tips of places to visit please comment below.